Here is the followup to working out with Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Unfortunately, I had to end the program 2 weeks in due to a sprain. I did see very good results in the little time I was able to do the workout. I plan on restarting the program and finishing the full 30 days. I highly recommend the 30 Day Shred for those who want a short, but very intense workout. It totally kicked my butt the first few days, but my body responded very quickly and I was soon able to keep up, and eventually progress to level 2 (until my injury, which was not caused by the workout). Here is my daily progress from the Shred.
- Start weight: 136
- Weight: 134.2 (Down 1.8 pounds from Day 1)
- Physical condition: Still very sore! But got a massage from my husband which helped. Am already keeping up with the video a little better, but I still take a few seconds of rest during cardio. Still struggling with push-ups.
- Emotional condition: Feeling optimistic. My extra pounds should come off rather quickly if I stick to eating healthy and doing the work out. But I still feel very out of shape, and dare I say, fat!
- Here is my eating plan. It’s pretty basic. Try and eliminate my intake of processed foods and sugar and eat as much natural, whole foods as possible. That part itself won’t be hard for me. The hard part is to remember to drink more water!
- I don’t plan on doing any more structured workouts during the day besides the DVD. I do take walks with my son on occasion, or go for bike rides, but nothing too intense.
- Weight: 132.8 (down 1.4 lbs from Day 2, 3.2 lbs overall)
- Physical condition: Minorly sore, but still feeling it. Almost can complete entire cardio set without resting (the jumping jacks/jump rope section still gets me). Almost did an entire single set of the push ups without dropping to my knees. Almost.
- Emotional condition: Motivated by seeing a drop on the scale, even if it is a lot of water weight.
- I did well with eating yesterday. I kept it light but snacked and drank a good amount of water in between. I’m still not ready to progress to Level 2 of the video.
- Weight: 132.2 (down 0.6 lbs from Day 3, 3.8 lbs overall)
- Physical condition: Starting to feel a small change in my body. My waist doesn’t feel and look so bloated.
- Emotional condition: Having intense sugar cravings!
- Despite the fact that I am craving all-things-bad for my body right now, the improvements I’m seeing already have helped keep me from caving in. I even turned down a bag of my favorite, Reese’s peanut butter cups, from my mother-in-law. Another small battle won!
- Weight: missed my weigh-in (did some early morning garage saling)
- Physical condition: Starting to get a couple of bicep bumps! Woohoo!
- Emotional condition: Still craving bad foods
- My husband took the day off from work and we did some shopping. He asked me what I wanted to eat lunch. I wanted something greasy and salty, but we decided on a more healthy option of Japanese stir-fry. So glad we did! It was delicious and I don’t feel it will set me back any!
- Weight: 131.4, but I failed to eat supper last night (playing a late night concert) so it’s probably not an accurate number
- Physical condition: My legs feel more toned, and stomach and sides more trim. Completed the entire workout for the first time today, regular push-ups and all!
- Emotional condition: Feeling awesome!
- Weight: 132.2
- Physical condition: Taking a well-deserved day of rest today.
- Emotional condition: Accomplished
- Today I had my cheat meal. I was still going to watch what I ate, but ended up celebrating with one-too-many slices of pizza and some ice cream. But back to the straight and narrow tomorrow!
- Weight: I purposefully skipped my weigh-in this morning. I didn’t want to be discouraged by my cheat meal last night, which I know will have me up higher than I’d like to see.
- Physical condition: Still full from last night
- Emotional condition: Feeling a little regret about the cheat meal, but I even more determined to tackle Level 2 at my next workout!
- Weight: 131.2 (4.8 lbs lost total!)
- Physical condition: I can tell a difference in my whole body (even my butt!) but still need to get more toned.
- Emotional condition: Feeling redeemed after having a cheat meal 2 days ago.
- Weight: 131.2- Same as yesterday!
- Physical condition: Level 1 is feeling easy, so definitely need to move on to Level 2 tonight!
- Emotional condition: A little frustrated that I’ve plateaued on the scale already, but excited to see what Level 2 is going to do for me.
- Weight: 132
- Physical condition: Started Level 2!
- Emotional condition: Still frustrated by the plateau, but happy to be on Level 2.
- Level 2 started off easier than I thought. I thought the walking push-ups were easier than regular push-ups. But the new cardio series is pretty brutal, being that it combines strength with cardio and has me on the floor most of the time. I definitely did the “easy” version of most of the cardio.
- This is the unfortunate day that I got an injury. The Shred has been put on hold. 🙁
So overall, I lost about 4 pounds in less than 2 weeks with the Shred. More importantly, my muscles feel more toned and I made definite and quick improvements in my physical condition. I can’t wait to get back into the Shred and finish it! I highly recommend it, but be prepared for a very intense workout. It is not for the faint of heart.
Has anyone else tried the Shred? What do you think?