Are you buying a baby gift for a new parent and aren’t sure where to start? Scanning through registry lists can be overwhelming, but there are a few key gifts for baby and the new parents that are sure to never fail.
- Diapers and wipes. When in doubt, buy diapers and wipes! Yes, they aren’t a flashy gift that everyone “oohs and ahhs” over, but the new parent will definitely appreciate and use them. Remember to buy larger sizes since babies often outgrow the newborn size rather quickly.
- Baby bathtime supplies. Baby shampoo, lotion, baby oil, wash cloths, and hooded towels are great gifts to give in a gift basket. Top it off with a little rubber ducky and a bow and you’ll have a very cute, but very practical gift that is sure to be useful.
- Baby health supplies. One thing many parents don’t think about when registering for baby gifts is the fact that baby is going to get sick eventually. Have them prepared by making a gift basket of Baby Tylenol, Motrin, Cough Syrup, Gas Drops, and Diaper Rash Cream or Vaseline. Add a thermometer and a little teddy bear to dress up the basket. The parents will be so glad they have these items when the day comes that baby gets sick!
- Bibs and burp cloths. A parent can never have too many bibs and burp cloths on hand. Never! As much as babies spit up, drool, and make a mess when they start eating solid foods, these items will never go out of style, or demand! Many people underestimate how many bibs and burp cloths they will actually need, so you can’t go wrong loading them up with these essentials!
- Something for mom. One of my favorite things to do for a new mom is get a gift specifically for her. Get a gift card to her favorite coffee shop or for a pedicure. Not only will such a gift be unexpected, but memorable. Sometimes a little relaxation is all a new mom needs, and you can never go wrong with it either.
Yes, most of these gifts are more on the practical side, but they are guaranteed to never fail. Do yourself and the person you’re shopping for a favor: Stick to this list and get something they are going to need and appreciate!
What never-fail baby gifts have you given or received?
Some of the links in the post above may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.