Need a little help shopping for a first birthday gift? Here is a quick list of five gender-neutral ideas at a variety of price ranges to help get you started.
- A wagon: Though on the higher end of the price range, there is no gift more classic than a little red wagon. Radio Flyer makes several different models to choose from, including classic steel, wooden all-terrain, and plastic ultra-comfort with canopy. The birthday boy or girl will love getting rides in their wagon, and when they are older, will love pulling it around the yard. That’s what makes a wagon a perfect and timeless gift for any one-year old.
- Pull-alongs: Maybe a wagon is out of your price range or you don’t have the room. If so, pull-along (and push-along) toys are another great option. If your baby isn’t walking already by the age of one, they will be shortly. Get them a toy to pull or push right along with them! Some of my favorites are: the dancing alligator, the corn popper, the wooden chomp push toy, and the pull along zoo.
- Rocking Horses and Ride-ons: Let’s face it, your baby is really becoming a toddler and needs some activities that let them practice their movement. You can find rocking horses at all price ranges to fit the budget you are looking for. Some of my favorites that won’t break the budget are the Little Tykes and the Step2 rocking horses. If you’re looking to spend a little more money, I recommend the classic wooden Derby or Radio Flyer rocking horse. If you’re looking for an alternative ride-on toy to the rocking horse, you can’t beat the adorable Wheely Bug!
- Books: Your baby will soon be trying to imitate your words (as if they haven’t been already!) Books are a fun way to get some cuddle time in and captivate their attention. Board books are going still going to be the most durable type at this age. A great book for this age is First Words.
- Clothes, clothes, and more clothes: If you were lucky enough to have a baby shower before your baby was born, you probably got showered with lots of clothes that wouldn’t even come close to fitting your baby anymore. Of course, clothes are the most practical of gifts on this list, but because of that you can’t go wrong with buying them!
Follow this list and you really can’t go wrong with the first birthday gift! Happy shopping and happy birthday!
What gifts do you find to be great for baby’s first birthday?
Some of the links in the post above may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.